Generic name: Benzoyl peroxide.
Other brand names: Benzac W, Benzagel, BenzaShave, PanOxyl, Persa-Gel, Theroxide.
Desquam-E is a topical gel. It treats skin disorders with minimal effects throughout the body.
Quick Facts About Desquam-E
Used to treat acne.
Clean treatment area, gently rub in Desquam-E. For external use only; avoid eyes, nose, and throat.
- Usual adult dose: rub gel into affected areas 1 or 2 times per day.
- Usual child dose: for children over 12 years — rub gel into affected areas 1 or 2 times per day.
- Missed dose: apply as soon as you remember, then go back to regular schedule.
Desquam-E Side Effects
excessive scaling of the skin, reddening skin, or swelling due to fluid retention. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: allergic reaction (itching, rash), excessive drying.
No known less common or rare Desquam-E side effects.
No known Desquam-E drug interactions.
May cause temporary skin discoloration if used with sunscreens containing paba.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. May appear in breast milk; could affect a nursing infant.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Follow doctor’s instructions carefully for children.
- Do not use if sensitive to or allergic to benzoyl peroxide.
- If sensitive to benzoic acid or cinnamon, you may have sensitivity to this medication.
- Use with caution; may bleach hair or colored fabric.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Desquam-E side effects, please contact your healthcare provider.