Generic name: Flutamide.
Eulexin is an antineoplastic agent. It prevents the growth of rapidly dividing cells, such as cancer cells.
Quick Facts About Eulexin
Used to treat prostate cancer. Is prescribed with medications such as Lupron.
Strictly adhere to dosage and schedule prescribed by your doctor. Therapy should be interrupted only by your doctor.
- Usual adult dose: 2 capsules 3 times per day at 8-hour intervals, up to 750 milligrams per day.
- Usual child dose: not generally prescribed for children.
- Missed dose: take as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. If so, skip missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Eulexin Side Effects
breast development or tenderness. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: breast tissue swelling and tenderness, diarrhea, hot flashes, impotence, loss of sex drive, nausea, vomiting.
Less common Eulexin side effects: confusion, decreased sexual ability, jaundice and liver damage, rash, sun sensitivity, urine discoloration.
Inform your doctor before combining Eulexin with blood thinners such as Coumadin.
Doctor should monitor you closely; may lower your dosage of the other medications.
No known food/other substance interactions.
Pregnancy is not applicable; this medication is only prescribed for men.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Not generally prescribed for children.
- Do not take if sensitive to or allergic to this medication, or any of the ingredients of this medication.
- Doctor should check your liver function before Eulexin therapy; may cause liver damage.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Eulexin side effects, please contact your healthcare provider.