Generic ingredients: Vitamins with fluoride.
Other brand names: Florvite, Poly-Vitamins with Fluoride, Vi-Daylin/F.
Poly-Vi-Flor is a multivitamin supplement containing fluoride. Vitamins are chemical substances that supplement nutritional deficiencies, and fluoride encourages remineralization and inhibits the cariogenic microbial process.
Quick Facts About Poly-Vi-Flor
Used to provide fluoride to children 2 to 16 years and older when drinking water is deficient, and to build strong teeth and prevent cavities.
Do not give child more than prescribed dose, may discolor or cause pitting of teeth. Chew or crush tablet before swallowing.
- Usual adult dose: not generally prescribed for adults.
- Usual child dose: 1 tablet every day per doctor’s advice.
- Missed dose: take as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not take missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Poly-Vi-Flor Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: none reported. Rare side effect: allergic rash.
Rare Poly-Vi-Flor side effect: allergic rash.
If child is receiving fluoride from other medications or sources, should not take Poly-Vi-Flor.
No known food/other substance interactions.
Not generally prescribed for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Not generally prescribed for seniors.
Follow doctor’s instructions carefully for children.
- Before administering this medication to your child, check fluoride level of drinking water.
- Contact your doctor if you notice white, brown, or black spots on your child’s teeth.
- Inform your doctor of any changes to drinking water or filtering systems.
- This medication is not a substitute for brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Poly-Vi-Flor side effects, please contact your healthcare provider