Generic name: Methocarbamol.
Other brand names: Marbaxin, Robamol.
Robaxin is a skeletal muscle relaxant agent. It is thought to work by acting as a central nervous system depressant.
Quick Facts About Robaxin
Used to treat severe muscular aches, sprains, and strains. May also be prescribed to control the neuromuscular manifestations of tetanus.
Take exactly as prescribed, no more or less thar prescribed dose. Should be part of a recovery program that includes physical therapy and rest
- Usual adult dose: Robaxin — 3 tablets taken 4 times per day. Long-term therapy dose is 2 tablets taken 4 times per day. Robaxin-750 — 2 tablets taken 4 times per day. Long-term therapy dose is 1 tablet taker every 4 hours or 2 tablets taken 3 times per day.
- Usual child dose: not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- Missed dose: take as soon as possible, unless an hour has passed. In that case, do not take missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Robaxin Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
Side effects: blurred vision, conjunctivitis (pinkeye), dizziness, drowsiness, fever, headache, hives, itching, light-headedness, nasal congestion, nausea, rash.
No known less common or rare Robaxin side effects.
Inform your doctor before combining Robaxin with:
Use caution/avoid use of alcohol during Robaxin therapy.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. Not known if Robaxin appears in breast milk.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Not prescribed for children under 12 years.
- May impair your ability to drive a car or operate machinery. Do not take part in any activity that requires alertness.
- Is not for use in place of physical therapy or rest.
- Use caution not to rush the healing process during Robaxin therapy as the injury may temporarily feei better.
- Should not take if sensitive to or allergic to Robaxin or similar medications.
- May experience brown, green, or black urine during Robaxin therapy.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Robaxin side effects, please contact your healthcare provider