Generic name: Econazole nitrate.
Spectazole Cream is an antifungal. It destroys and prevents the growth of fungi.
Quick Facts About Spectazole Cream
Used to treat ringworm (tinea), athlete’s foot (tinea pedis), jock itch (tinea cruris), fungal infection of the entire body (tinea corporis), and skin infection causing yellow or brown-colored skin eruptions (tinea versicolor). Also prescribed for yeast infections of the skin caused by Candida fungus.
Spectazole Cream Dosage
Take exactly as prescribed. Use entire medication, even if symptoms disappear before medication is finished. Do not apply near the eyes.
- Usual adult dose: for athlete’s foot, jock itch, tinea corporis, tinea versicolor — cover affected area with cream once per day. Athlete’s foot is treated for 1 month, jock itch and tinea corporis are treated for 2 weeks, and tinea versicolor is usually treated for 2 weeks For yeast infections — apply cream to affected area 2 times per day for 2 weeks.
- Usual child dose: follow doctor’s instructions carefully.
- Missed dose: apply as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not apply missed dose; go back to regular schedule.
Spectazole Cream Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: burning, itching, skin redness, stinging.
Less common or rare Spectazole Cream side effect: itchy rash.
No Spectazole Cream drug interactions reported.
No food/other substance interactions reported.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. Only use in first trimester if essential to your health. May appear in breast milk, could affect a nursing infant.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Follow doctor’s instructions carefully for children.
- Avoid use if sensitive to or allergic to Spectazole.
- Stop using and contact your doctor if you develop an allergy.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Spectazole Cream side effects, please contact your healthcare provider