Generic name: Terconazole.
Other brand name: Terazol 7.
Terazol 3 is an antifungal. It destroys and prevents the growth of fungi.
Quick Facts About Terazol 3
Used to treat candidiasis, a yeast-like infection of the vulva and vagina.
Terazol 3 Dosage
Apply as prescribed by your doctor. Comes in cream and suppository form. Wear cotton underwear during Terazol therapy. Dry genital area thoroughly after a shower, bath, or swim. Change from damp or wet clothing as soon as possible. Do not use tampons, as they absorb the medication. Do not douche unless specifically directed by your doctor. Scratching may cause more irritation and cause infection to spread. Use full course of treatment even if symptoms disappear; otherwise infection can return. Continue using during your menstrual period.
- Usual adult dose: vaginal creams – 1 full applicator (5 grams) inserted vaginally once per day at bedtime for 3 consecutive days. Vaginal suppositories — 1 suppository inserted vaginally once per day at bedtime for 3 consecutive days. Terazol-7 is usually prescribed for 7 consecutive days.
- Usual child dose: not generally prescribed for children.
- Missed dose: take as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not take missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Terazol 3 Side Effects
no reported overdose symptoms. However, if you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: body pain, burning, genital pain, headache, menstrual pain.
Less common Terazol 3 side effects: abdominal pain, chills, fever, itching.
No Terazol 3 drug interactions reported.
No known food/other substance interactions.
Should not use during first 3 months of pregnancy (first trimester) since the drug is absorbed from the vagina. Not known if Terazol 3 appears in breast milk.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Not generally prescribed for children.
- Avoid if sensitive to or allergic to Terazol 3.
- Contact your doctor if you develop: irritation, allergic reaction, fever, chills, or flu-like symptoms.
- Either use nonlatex condoms or avoid sexual intercourse to prevent reinfection.
- Can interact with latex products (diaphragms, some condoms) and compromise their effectiveness.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Terazol 3 side effects, please contact your healthcare provider