Generic name: Nedocromil sodium.
Tilade is an anti-asthmatic. It works by stimulating the synthesis of enzymes needed to decrease the inflammatory response.
Quick Facts About Tilade
Used to control asthma symptoms in people who have mild to moderate bronchial asthma.
Must inhale properly and regularly to be effective, even if there are no symptoms. Follow doctor’s instructions carefully. Tilade Inhaler is not to be used with other mouthpieces. Tilade does not stop an asthma attack; continue to take during an attack with a bronchodilator to relieve the acute attack.
- Usual adult dose: 2 inhalations 4 times per day at regular intervals. If this dosage level is effective, doctor will try reducing after a while.
- Usual child dose: children 12 years and older are prescribed adult doses. Doses for children under 12 years are prescribed by your doctor.
- Missed dose: take as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not take missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Tilade Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: chest pain, coughing, headache, nausea, inflamed nose, sore throat, unpleasant taste, upper respiratory tract infection, wheezing.
Less common Tilade side effects: abdominal pain, bronchitis, diarrhea, difficult or labored breathing, difficulty speaking, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, increased sputum, indigestion, viral infection, vomiting.
No Tilade drug interactions reported.
No known food/other substance interactions.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. May appear in breast milk; could affect a nursing infant.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- Immediately discontinue if you experience coughing and wheezing.
- Avoid if sensitive to or allergic to Tilade or any of its ingredients.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Tilade side effects, please contact your healthcare provider