In today’s fast-paced and stressful society, fatigue has become a familiar experience to many.
SOME COMMON CAUSES OF FATIGUE
- poor sleep habits
- lack of exercise
- poor diet
- drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tranquilizers and allergy and cold medications
WAYS TO BEAT FATIGUE
- Exercise regularly.
- Get plenty of sleep.
- Eat a nutritious, well-balanced diet.
- Learn ways to cope with stress.
- Adjust your workload.
- Do something you enjoy each day.
- Stay away from alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tranquilizers and allergy and cold medications.
- Find time to relax.
WARNING SIGNS THAT FATIGUE MAY BE A SYMPTOM OF A SERIOUS PROBLEM:
Call your doctor if you experience either of the following symptoms along with fatigue.
- unexplained muscle weakness
- sudden, unplanned weight loss