Choosing a urologist, a doctor who specializes in urinary tract health and in men’s reproductive medicine, is an important undertaking.
Use the tips below to find the best doctor for you.
- Ask around for a recommendation from friends. Also check with your doctor for two or more referrals.
- Find out where the doctor received his or her medical training and whether or not they’re board-certified in urology.
- During your first visit to the doctor, be sure to ask questions.
After your visit, take time to ask yourself the following questions:
- Was the doctor willing to take the time to explain things in a language you could understand?
- Were your questions answered with respect? You should never feet silly about asking questions. If a subject is important to you, it should be important to your doctor.
- Were you comfortable with this person?
- Is this doctor available to answer questions over the telephone?