15 Ways To Relax:
15 Ways To Relax:
- Practice relaxation techniques such as visualization, progressive muscle relaxation and deep breathing.
- Exercise regularly, 20 minutes per day, three days per week. Exercise releases the “feel good” hormones into our blood stream, lowers blood pressure, relaxes muscles and clears the mind.
- Your attitude and the way you respond to stressful situations is important. You can choose to let something upset you or not. You can use a positive attitude to get through a tough time.
- Avoid consuming excessive amounts of alcohol, caffeine, fats and sugars.
- Know your stress signals. When you’re feeling stressed, how does your body react? Does your pulse begin to race? Can you feel your heart pounding? Pay attention to your body language and take steps to calm it down with deep breathing or leaving the situation.
- Eat healthy. Maintaining your energy level and having the strength to keep your attitude positive and your stress under control relies greatly on putting good fuel into your body.
- Sleep is important for keeping stress away. When you’re well-rested it’s easier to focus, and you have the energy to accomplish all that needs to be done.
- Remember to mentally pat yourself on the back when you have accomplished something, no matter how small.
- Don’t waste your time and raise your stress level by reliving mistakes. Every mistake is a learning experience. Learn from it; then move on.
- Laughter is often the best remedy for stress. Find reasons to laugh. See a funny movie or visit a comedy club.
- When you feel your temper rising, count to to 10. This will give you time to calm down and keep you from saying something you might regret later. If 10 is not enough time to calm down, keep counting.
- Sit in a hot tub or sauna.
- Get a massage.
- Enjoy the people in your life that make you happy. Make time to be with them.
- Learn to recognize what you can control and what you can’t. Work to let go of what you can’t control.