Generic name: Clindamycin phosphate.
Cleocin T is an antibiotic. It slows the growth of bacteria that form acne pustules.
Quick Facts About Cleocin T
Used to treat acne.
Cleocin T Dosage
Use exactly as prescribed, overuse may dry or irritate skin.
- Usual adult dose: apply thin film of gel, solution, or lotion to affected area 2 times per day. If using lotion, shake well before using. Apply carefully to avoid eyes, nose, mouth or sldn abrasions.
- Usual child dose: not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- Missed dose: apply as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not apply missed dose, go back to regular schedule.
Cleocin T Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: dry skin.
Less common Cleocin T side effects: abdominal pain, M bloody diarrhea, burning or abdominal redness of skin, colitis, diarrhea, oily skin, peeling skin, skin inflammation and irritation, stomach and intestinal disturbances.
Inform your doctor before combining Cleocin T with:
antidiarrheal medications, especially Lomotil.
Should not use products containing paregoric.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. May appear in breast milk; could affect a nursing baby. Can use during the second trimester.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- There have been severe and even fatal cases of colitis when taken internally.Do not take if you have had an intestinal inflammation, ulcerative colitis, or antibiotic-associated colitis.
- Medication can be absorbed into the bloodstream.
- If sensitive to or have had an allergic reaction to this or similar medications, you should not use.
- Use with caution if you have asthma, eczema, or hay fever.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Cleocin T side effects, please contact your healthcare provider.