Generic name: Amcinonide.
Cyclocort is a topical adrenocorticoid/anti-inflammatory. it interferes with the natural body mechanisms that produce rash, itching or inflammation.
Quick Facts About Cyclocort
Used to treat inflammatory and itchy symptoms of skin disorders.
Use exactly as prescribed. For external use only; keep out of and away from eyes. Apply sparingly; rub gently into skin. Avoid using large amounts of Cyclocort over large areas, thus reducing risk of absorption into bloodstream. Use only for the disorder for which it is prescribed.
- Usual adult dose: apply thin film 2 or 3 times per day. Cyclocort lotion — may be applied 2 times per day, used particularly for hairy areas.
- Usual child dose: use in a small, limited amount.
- Missed dose: apply as soon as possible. Use remaining doses for the day at equally spaced intervals. Do not double doses.
Cyclocort Side Effects
severe overdose unlikely. Longterm use may cause unwanted side effects. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
More common side effects: burning, itching, soreness, stinging.
Less common Cyclocort side effects: dryness, excessive growth of hair, infection, inflammation of skin around the mouth, irritation, prickly heat, skin eruptions resembling acne, softening of the skin, stretch marks.
No Cyclocort drug interactions reported.
No known food/other substance interactions.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. Not known if Cyclocort appears in breast milk.
No special precautions apply to seniors.
Long-term use may result in growth and development problems in children.
- Unless specifically instructed by doctor, do not cover Cyclocort with bandages or airtight dressings. Use special caution with infants being treated in the diaper area.
- If sensitive to or had allergic reaction to this or other steroid medications, you should not use.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Cyclocort side effects, please contact your healthcare provider.