Generic ingredients: Dihydrocodeine bitartrate with aspirin and caffeine.
Synalgos-DC is a narcotic analgesic. It relieves pain and gives a feeling of well-being.
Quick Facts About Synalgos-DC
Used to treat moderate to moderately severe pain.
Take exactly as prescribed. Do not increase dose unless directed by your doctor.
- Usual adult dose: 2 capsules taken every 4 hours as needed. Seniors — dose adjusted to accommodate condition of health.
- Usual child dose: not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- Missed dose: if taking on a regular schedule — take as soon as possible, unless almost time for next dose. In that case, do not take missed dose; go back to regular schedule. Do not double doses.
Synalgos-DC Side Effects
no specific information available. If you suspect an overdose, immediately seek medical attention.
Side effects: constipation, dizziness, drowsiness, itching, light-headedness, nausea, sedation, skin reactions, vomiting.
No known less common or rare Synalgos-DC side effects.
Inform your doctor before combining Synalgos-DC with:
narcotic pain relievers such as Percocet and Demerol, sedatives such as Halcion and Seconal, tranquilizers such as Valium and Xanax. Taking Coumadin may cause internal bleeding. Taking antigout medications such as Benemid may alter the effects of Synalgos-DC.
Avoid alcohol or reduce intake during Synalgos-DC therapy; it slows brain activity and intensifies the effects of alcohol.
If pregnant or planning to become pregnant, inform your doctor immediately. May appear in breast milk; could affect a nursing infant
Dose is determined according to senior’s physical condition.
Not generally prescribed for children under 12 years.
- May cause drowsiness and impair ability to drive a car or operate machinery. Do not take part in any activity that requires alertness.
- May be habit-forming if taken for a prolonged period; tell your doctor before starting Synalgos-DC if you have been addicted to drugs.
- Inform your doctor before taking Synalgos-DC if you have stomach ulcer or blood-clotting disorder.
- Avoid if sensitive to or allergic to this medication, other narcotic pain relievers, or aspirin.
HealthSurvey.org provides accurate and independent information prescription pills, over-the-counter medicines and natural products. This material is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have questions about dosage, or Synalgos-DC side effects, please contact your healthcare provider