In today’s fast-paced and stressful society, fatigue has become a familiar experience to many.
SOME COMMON CAUSES OF FATIGUE
- overwork lack of exercise boredom
- poor sleep habits poor diet depression
- stress worry
- drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tranquilizers and allergy and cold medications
WAYS TO BEAT FATIGUE
- Eat a nutritious, well balanced diet.
- Get regular exercise.
- Get more sleep.
- Learn ways to cope with stress.
- Get help for depression.
- Adjust your workload.
- Do something you enjoy each day.
- Stay away from alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, tranquilizers and allergy and cold medications.
- Find time to relax.
WARNING SIGNS THAT FATIGUE MAY BE A SYMPTOM OF A SERIOUS PROBLEM
(Call your doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms along with fatigue.)
- unexplained muscle weakness
- sudden, unplanned weight loss